What to expect
When you come as a New Patient, you will undergo Consultation
which will include:
- A Detailed History of any problems you may have
- Your Medical History
- Your lifestyles and hobbies
- An Examination (vital signs, orthopaedic, neurological, muscular, and skeletal examination where appropriate). This means that your muscles, joints and nerves will be examined. For this, you will often be asked to change into a gown. Sometimes, the Chiropractor may examine your heart, lungs, abdomen, to rule out other causes of your pain.
- Report of findings – here the Chiropractor will tell you what their expert opinion is after taking into consideration your examination findings and your medical history. The Chiropractor will discuss the;
– Working Diagnosis
– if any further tests are required based on clinical criteria e.g. X-rays or
– What Treatment techniques the Chiropractor things would benefit you
– Plan of any subsequent treatments in the future
- Treatment if appropriate (sometimes the treatments are not included in rare cases, if we require x rays). If x-rays are required based on a strict criteria, we are able to do them on our main premises at Enfield Chiropractic Clinic, in Winchmore Hill, using our Digital X-ray Machine. Chiropractors are trained in Radiography and Radiology, so they can take the x-rays and interpret them.
Chiropractic treatment is very safe in skilled hands. This is because the risk factors are identified in patients before any type of care is administered and then the Chiropractor selects techniques suitable to each individual to use in the treatment.
We all know there are risks when you attend any healthcare professional, but generally these risks are much lower than other options that may be available for your problem, especially when those options include the use of drugs or surgery.
Most patients coming out of a clinic will report that the treatment has resulted in immediate relief. Some patients, however, experience temporary soreness over the areas that have had Chiropractic treatment. You will find that future Chiropractic treatments are much more pleasant as you feel more at ease with your Chiropractor and the problem is resolving.